02 September 2008

Nikki | Introductions

Epijunky, a wonderfully talented photographer, recently blogged about her latest artistic endeavour: Pictures and Pie. It's a blog where women from all over the place are documenting their lives for the next year by taking (and then posting) a picture every day.

I don't think I'd have the time (or attention span) to keep up with a project like that every single day, but still, it does look like a lot of fun... and that's where Le Jour Bleu comes in.



My name is Nikki.

I like theatre, knitting, ambulances, antiques, foreign languages, cathedrals, cats, black and white photographs, writing, Ireland, Africa, post-it notes, music, big words, the color green, books, and fruit. Pirates are good, too. I dislike lying, liars, making excuses, excuse-makers, pencils, goulash, sheep, slobs, creepers, animé, meatloaf, long car rides, baseball, blue cheese, earwigs, beer, white milk, mosquitos, and humidity in general.

At the moment, I'm an 18-year-old freshman at Grand Valley State University pursing a nursing major, though you wouldn't know it by looking at my schedule, which lists French, Arabic, Introduction to Theatre, and Cultural Geography. I'm just the right size, shape, temprament, and brand of adrenaline junky to be a flight nurse, so that's the career I'm after - at least, to fill my two years of licensed nursing practice before I'm qualified to apply for Doctors Without Borders.

I love my life.

No comments: