02 September 2008

Nikki | September 2nd



I love my grandma.

For the past two weeks I've been boiling my eggs in a shallow pan, which requires me to stand at the stove and turn them constantly with a fork while they cook - much the same way that æbleskivers are rolled to produce their shape and keep them from burning. Grandma, kind soul that she is, gave me the top of her old double-boiler, and now my aunt can quit reminding me that I'm a college student and, as such, 'haven't got a pot to piss (or make ramen) in'.

On the downside, Grandma warned me that it likely won't last the four years that I'm here; the double-boiler originally belonged to her mother, who purchased it sometime in the late 1930s. The lower half was thrown out over a decade ago when the bottom caved through.

No comments: